RICHMOND, VA SIDING REPAIR
Sometimes maintaining the exterior of your home can seem like a chore, but it doesn’t have to. Regardless of what type of siding your home is protected with, Coastal Contract we’ve got everything that it takes to keep it in great condition and looking brand new. Our well trained, friendly and professional craftsmen are glad to do whatever it takes to get your siding back on track, from the smallest detail repairs to large scale, disaster recovery, or even re-building or renovation projects.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT SIDING DAMAGE
- The most common areas prone to damage are the first couple of rows of siding and exposed or unprotected chimneys or chases subjected to constant rain and sunlight.
- Neglected or damaged siding can lead to additional repairs to underlying sheathing and framing as moisture can enter these areas easily.
- The most common types of exterior cladding include vinyl, fiber cement, cedar and wood siding.
COMMON SIGNS INDICATING YOUR SIDING NEEDS REPAIR
- Deteriorating or rotting siding
- Splitting or cracking of siding boards
- Cracks or brittleness in vinyl siding
- Warped or curved siding boards
- Loose or missing siding
- Peeling or cracking paint
- Improperly sealed joints and nail holes
- Insect damage
SIDING MAINTENANCE TIPS
Maintaining your home’s exterior siding requires regular inspection and maintenance to prevent additional damage to your home. Keep siding clean and adequately painted or stained when applicable, to prevent moisture, dirt, mold and mildew from penetrating the surface, which can shorten the life of the material.